SERVICES: What does Dr. Jenkins do as an Advocate?
- Extensive Pre-Planning and Research: Meet with families, teachers, counselors, physicians, and other stakeholders prior to the IEP or 504 meeting to gain multiple perspectives on the abilities and needs of the student. When possible, Dr. Jenkins meets with the child to see what he/she likes and dislikes about school
- Attend IEP / Section 504
- Analyze Social Communications and Skills needs and "amp-up" services to support the social and emotional growth of students
- Review medical records and
records of diagnosis for the purposes of identifying possibilities for services and needs
- Provide guidance and counsel to parents and student before, during
and after the IEP meeting
- Review educational records,
school documents and testing
- Visit and observe the actual classroom,
school and playground interactions
- Contact teachers,
administrators and other stakeholders to set up meetings
- Check to see if IEP is followed
on a daily basis and address compliance issues
- Reconvene IEP meetings to ammend goals, modifications, accommodations and services.
- Recommend classroom placements
and Least Restrictive Environment
- Write letters of complaints to
the school district, state department of education and beyond
We can be involved as much or as
little as you like in your student's IEP or 504 Process.
Call 424.202.1927 for your
free consultation to determine which of our services are right for you.